Monday, October 31, 2011

Samhain, The Wheel of the Year

All Hallows Eve has arrived, and the move has not yet begun.  Our New Landlord is awesome and the move will happen soon.  It's the Island and it runs on Island time, which is slow and laid back. A few more days while the other tenant moves out is not a big deal. I can handle that.
My partner leaves for work tonight at 10:00 pm, and with that, I will set up an alter to be ready for midnight. I'll have time for a bath and to make a little snack worthy of the gods.  I know that tonight I will dedicate myself to the study of the Norse and Celtic mythology/faith as well as the war at the sea of Amergin that banished the fae into the cairns below the earth they once hunted.  I know that this year I will be creating the garment that Freya asked me to make, all covered in runes and my version of Yggdrasil.  I have set myself to learning the runes, and it's taking it's time.  Most likely because I want to know as much as possible about each rune so that I can divine more easily and more accurately.  I have this overwhelming desire to do this with flare.  To put my entire heart and soul into it.  This is the core of my project for the wheel of the year.  I have no hearth fire to light, so a candle will be my hearth for now.
What cinched the deal was learning about the ancestor worship.  Until this year I had never really understood that it was not necromancy, but speaking with the spirits of your family.  I  had to drop all my preconcieved notions of myself, magic, the word witch.  I was on the trail about 5 years ago when I discovered the work of Robin Artison.  It was through his writings and his links that I kept looking into different kinds of belief and magic.  As I kept looking I discovered a word... haegtessa... that led me to a blog by a young woman named Sarah Lawless who has several blogs, but the one I love the most is the Witch of Forest Grove.  From there I jumped in with both feet.  Her blog is like a mentor to me, with no judgement, just explanations.
I have started a journal in a note book to deal with all my personal strife and woes, so I can learn from my mistakes and move on.  I have discovered a little button called revert to draft and after thinking long and hard, I'll be removing posts that are not involved with progress towards my studies.  I'll keep them around to learn from them, but there is no need to make them public... they are now for my use only.  I got to thinking what a handy little button ... it's like unpublish. :D
I wish you all a very Merry Samhain and hope it is as mystical and magical for you as it is for me.  Blessings to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Blessing Ember, good luck on your studies this new year! I hope your Samhain was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete